- Classrooms are multi-age from grades 1-8.
- Students participate in Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) tests in grades 3-8 in Language Arts and Mathematics
- Students in grades 5 & 8 participate in MCAS science, technology and engineering tests
- Curriculum follows the MA State Frameworks
- The Montessori Method is used throughout all grades
But does it work?
A growing body of research supports the effectiveness of Montessori education over a range of outcomes, including school readiness, academic achievement, executive function skills, and more. A recent large-scale study in South Carolina and an in-depth study in Connecticut have supported interesting findings, as well as showing gains across racial and income sub-groups.