River Valley Charter School SNAPSHOT
- River Valley Charter School is a Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Commonwealth Charter School.
- RVCS is a public school.
- RVCS is publicly funded and governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees.
- The school was founded in 1999 under the Educational Reform Act of 1993.
- Students from any MA city/town are eligible to apply; residents of Amesbury, Newburyport, Pentucket (Groveland, Merrimac, West Newbury), and Triton (Newbury, Rowley, Salisbury) receive preference.
- The school opened September 1999.
- The school enrolls 288 students in grades K-8
- Approximately 45 employees
- Montessori based
- Purchased building in December 2012
- Charter renewed in 2003, 2009, 2013, 2019